Yankl-Perets Blum, Hankus Netsky
Nov 23, 2018 •
אַ פֿריילעכן דאַנק-טאָג!
- Yankl-Perets Blum discusses various aspects of his involvement with Yiddish. Blum is a Yiddish teacher, linguist, polyglot, board member of Yugntruf (yugntruf.org), developer of YiddishPop.com, developer of "Yiddish Typer" (Chrome extension). Yiddish Typer web page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/yiddish-typer/higlebidpnhccabnhankdoiiccnnfkko?hl=en
- Hankus Netsky, Klezmer music star, discusses his upcoming show YIDDISH RADIO LIVES! A Musical Tribute to Ben Gailing at 120. The concert takes place Sunday, December 2, 2018, at 1:00 pm at Temple Beth Israel, 25 Harvard Street, Waltham, MA. For more information or to purchase tickets in advance, contact the Temple office via our website at http://tbiwaltham.org or by telephone at 781-894 5146. Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/340209126529177/ Eventbrite ticket web site: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hankus-netskys-hebrew-national-salvage-tickets-51815656022
- Ben Gailing singing his song Ikh Hob Shoyn Aza Mazel accompanied by Rubin Ossofsky in 1932.
- Leah Carrey (Leyke Post), the mother of Henry Carrey (who will be performing with Hankus Netsky), singing Yidish Redt Zikh Azoy Sheyn accompanied by Rubin Ossofsky
- Percy Brand: Rumenish (by Kalman)
- Percy Brand: Hebrew Melody and Dance
- Itzhak Perlman, Dov Seltzer, Israel Philharmonic Orchestra: Afn Veg Shteyt A Boym
- Intro instrumental music: DEM HELFANDS TANTS, an instrumental track from the CD Jeff Warschauer: The Singing Waltz
Air date: November 21, 2018