- Happy Passover! א כשרן און געזונטן פסח! Hear ads/greetings from our sponsors Israel Book Shop, The Butcherie, Cheryl Ann's Bakery -- Thanks to our sponsors! And hear from friends of the show, both near and far, Izzy Arbeiter, Motl Murstein, Leye (Shporrer) Leavitt, Sholem Beinfeld, Gitu Cycowicz (Israel), and Dovid Braun
We present discussions on two timely topics, all in Yiddish:
(1) COVID-19: a roundtable discussion of the novel coronavirus, aka "Covid-19", with special guests Jake Turx, @JakeTurx on Twitter and Whitehouse correspondent for Ami Magazine (http://www.amimagazine.org); and Yosef Rapaport, @YosefRapaport on Twitter and commentator for hotline broadcaster Kol Mevaser (http://Yiddish24.com).
Recorded in the late afternoon of Weds. Apr 1 2020, just before the live broadcast.
Note: this has been shortened for time for the broadcast; full interview will be made available presently as a bonus podcast. Joining in the full interview is regular co-host Sholem Beinfeld, Co-Chief Editor of the Comprehensive Yiddish-English Dictionary and Professor of History, Emeritus, at Washington University, and Mark (Meyer) David, host and producer of The Yiddish Voice.
(2) Eli Rosen, actor (in the role of the Rebbe) as well as Yiddish translator, coach, and cultural consultant for the new Netflix miniseries Unorthodox, which deals with life in a NY Chassidic community, and features dialog mostly in Yiddish by an international cast of actors, mostly non-Yiddish speaking -- it's coming out released this week on Netflix! Info: Eli Rosen: http://elirosen.net/ Unorthodox: https://www.netflix.com/title/81019069
- Intro instrumental music: DEM HELFANDS TANTS, an instrumental track from the CD Jeff Warschauer: The Singing Waltz
- Incidental Music: Malavsky Family, Pesach Music: Ho Lakhmo Anyo and Fir Kashes
Air Date: April 1, 2020